Monday, June 28, 2010

School’s Out!

IMG_8570 Last week,  we went out for a celebratory end-of-the-year ice cream cone.  This is the second year we've done this; the girls love it so much I think it's going to become a long standing tradition.

From G8: School is out! We went to Kimberly's [in Manlius, NY]!  I got Cotton Candy [ice cream].  My sister got the same thing.  I really like the ice cream because [the flavor] is very cotton-candy-like.  I have tasted cotton candy before, [so i know what it tastes like].  I love Kimberly's!

S6’s take on things: I went to an ice cream/candy store.  I went with my sister and mom.  My sister and I both ate KaBoom Cotton Candy ice cream.  It's cotton candy ice cream with sprinkles [mixed in].  I love it!

Mom’s note: The girls have only eaten real cotton candy once…and they didn’t really like it.   They love  that cotton candy flavor in an ice cream, though! 

While the girls gobbled up their cotton candy ice cream with an explosion of sprinkles, I enjoyed Kimberly's specialty flavor, Amaretto Peach Toasted Almond.  It was a smooth creamy peach ice cream with a hint of amaretto, with little chunks of peach and bits of toasted almond mixed in. Fancy, but not too fancy!  It’s inspired me to try making a peach ice cream.  I just need to have patience while I wait for the peaches to ripen!

The atmosphere at Kimberly's is fun, relaxed, with a touch of class. They make all their own ice creams and sorbets and have a variety flavors, from Holy Canoli to “Just Plain” Vanilla (made with bourbon vanilla…nothin’ plain about that!)

In addition to ice cream, Kimberly’s carries ice cream cakes, pies and premium chocolates.  I kicked myself for not thinking of Kimberly's for all those end-of-the-year teacher gifts.  Oh well, there's always next year,right?

In the mean time, happy summer vacation!

No comments: